Sunday, February 8, 2009

WHAT a weekend!

Somehow I have managed to make it to Sunday night. Usually I feel it comes too quickly, but not the case this weekend.

I guess what might have made it seem so long is that I was sick from Wed thru about Sat afternoon. I'm not sure what that was all about. It was like the flu but with the blessing of not throwing up all the time. ... And just let me say, after 4 straight months of that w/ this pregnancy, I was greatful, even if it still meant not making it into work.

So, once I recovered a little and managed to peel myself from the bed, the house needed put back in to order. Add to that we had a tv service person coming over, b/c we switched providers, the furnace man, so we could have heat, and B had a game to officiate. All this just on Sat. morning!!! Thank GOD for my mom having taken Hunter the night before so I could rest. I was still sooo sick and B had another game to officiate. Plus, little did we know the heat would poop out on us. The 58 degree house we woke up to on Sat. morning was invigorating, to say the least!

So late into Sat. afternoon, after like my 4th nap of the weekend, I felt good enough to eat "real food". I was happy, as I'm sure Lillian was too. Popsicles can only do so much, you know?!??!

Sun. I conquered the horrid task of grocery shopping. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind running to the store, but this was the MONTHLY trip, where we stock up. It usually requires some time, and a great deal of attention to make sure you get enough of everything to pretty much get by for the month. I pride myself on this, really, because we do a great job of making it last and keeping within a budget. Of course, we get milk and bread and things like that in b/t the BIG TRIP, but not a whole lot.

So after my daunting 1 1/2hr trip to the Marts of Wal I decided I had enough energy to clean. The house desperately needed it due to all the people in and out on Sat.

If that wasn't enough, I also went shopping w/ my Mom and Grandma. Hunter needed some clothing and shoes. I thought now would be better than after Lilly arrives and "the squeeze" begins. - Needless to say, I am TIRED!!! I think my grandma did a better job at lasting through the shopping than I did!!!!! Bless her heart, she even carried some of my stuff until we got a cart.

Even though I'm spent, it was a great weekend. Eventful, some resting here and there, a clean house, and tasks accomplished. All those things wrapped up w/ wrestling with Hunter and some good ole family time. :)

Mission accomplished for this weekend!!

No comments: