I've been debating on posting about this for a while now, but I just REALLY need to get it off my chest so that I can move on . B has heard my lil rant enough. It is time to blog, and move forward.
Why in today's society can we not be grateful for what we have, give people down on their luck a chance, and be kind and considerate to our fellow "man"?
It is no mystery I'm unemloyed and struggling to find something that pays what I use to make. We're a young family, and like most young families... we've got bills and debts. With that said, B and I have honestly tried to be considerate to everyone. We are kind, caring people. Sure, I can be a little blunt, or boldly honest, as B might say. All in all, though, I do care about people.
We are helping out our renters, we're still giving our community donations, and we're helping out family and friends w/ anything/anyway we can. I don't state this to get a pat on the back. Honestly, I've ALWAYS loved helping out. I'm a people pleaser, as long as I know it is appreciated.
With that said, fast forward to our "situation" where someone B's been doing some things w/ is DEMANDING, and we've taken care of it, payment. Now mind you, we pay things, but what we were asking for is TIME. Just give us a break!! Let us pay in payments, something reasonable. Did this so called "friend" understand? No, obviously, or I wouldn't be posting this blog.
Said person can remodel things in their house, do an extensive landscape project, go on a VACATION, but yet can't see where we're coming from on needing a little time, or a payment schedule? I just don't get it. Said person also, has no kidos... so, how can they know what it is like when you add to the family? There are always things that happen that aren't planned on.
*sigh* I am sorry for anyone who reads this. I never blog about "big problems" like this, b/c I usually keep personal business, well ... personal. I just had to state my piece. How dare you, said person, be so inconsiderate!
That brings me to the real point. I'm not completely mad at the person, I'm mad at the situation. It blows my mind that people in society continue to WANT and WANT and WANT. When will it be enough? When will people wake up and get over themselves? There are more important things in life. Helping out your fellow man, giving back to the community, spending time ENJOYING what you have, not just looking forward to see what you want to attain next.
With that said, I am going to go to bed content. I will drift off reminding myself that I'm doing what I can, and that maybe we don't have the finest things life has to offer, but we've got one hell of a family, food to eat, clothes on our backs, and a roof over our heads. I will know that when I buy school supplies to donate for local children, instead of getting that "whatever" that I might have wanted that week, that I am helping. I am giving someone a chance, an opportunity. I'm caring about what is REALLY important in life... People. People are what's important, not things.
2 comments:
Despite everything, you are always looking for how to help out other people and you NEVER look for an opportunity to get something for yourself in those situations. This, my dear, is why you are an amazing person, inside and out. You are right, you do have one hell of a family -- one that is absolutely beautiful and amazing and one that I can only hope to have someday. You are great and everything you do does not go unnoticed. Keep your head up sis :)
You are one of the few people in society today who has VALUES and who really understands what is important!
This was a frustrating moment in our lives. There is no doubt in that. We do have an amazing family. I love that we discuss things and put people and family first over our own material wants. I couldn't have asked for a better wife. I mean that.
Post a Comment