Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Aww... Vacation

As I sit here while my son is napping and my husband and cat are passed out on the couch, I think to myself... "yea, this is a nice way to spend a vacation." Sometimes I think we do too much on vacations. Travel too much, want to see too much, and for me it is mostly... wanting to accomplish too many projects around the house. :) I'm guilty.

But today, I can be proud of myself. It is 2pm and all I've accomplished is some laundry and a few meals, one of which I didn't even cook, and showering. A must, even if I'm on vacation.

I'm really glad I got to take vacation time at the Holidays this year. It gave me time to relax, a little, and plan. I have truly already enjoyed this Holiday season more than the last few. Why is it that to maintain you have to run yourself ragged? Why has society and the demands of work come to that? I'm not really that old but I def. remember my granny talking about how people just didn't do like they do now. What brought about this change? Why do ppl think they have to give so much? And from the other side... why do ppl demand so much? Can't we just be happy w/ what we have.

I think that is going to be a new year's resolution for myself. Seeing as how I'm preg. I don't need the usual... "I want to get in shape.. blah, blah, blah". This coming year I am going to start slowing down and enjoying what I have. I'm not going to spend all my time thinking of what lies ahead, what next big thing can we accomplish. I, of course, will still work in the yard and w/ the flowers and such labor engaging things, but this year I will do it for me. Not the neighbors who had to look at all the weeds. I think I'll enjoy it more if I do. Plus, I REALLY want to make sure I enjoy Lillian. She's the last baby we plan on, so I need to make as many memories as I can. With Hunter I was so sleep deprived and nervous, I forgot to really enjoy him. I'm the first to admit it, though B is right there to join in on this fact... I'm a worrier and a slight perfectionist.

Since I can't stay home w/ the children, which I dearly always have dreamed of, I am going to make the most of my time w/ them when I am home. I feel like I do a good job of that now, but there's only Hunter. I will have to give more w/ 2 lil love muffins to care for.

Although thinking of this now all seems a little overwhelming, I mean I am essentially changing who I am, I think it will be for the best. I want to be the best mom and wife I can, not just a good employee who give 110% and a women who has it "together" at home.

I think w/ B's help, which I'm sure he will willing give, I can make this happen. Being a great parent is what I want most. I want to enjoy and cherish my life, not just get through it.

Wish me luck everyone... :)

No comments: