Are you hunting? Hunting for what you may ask. Well, in this case, I'm talking about a job. Jobs in the local area are few and far between, especially if you're looking for one that will help support your family (meaning it makes more than min. wage AND has benefits). I've been hunting for a while now, and it's bleak. Not to say there aren't "gems" (the great job that is out there to be scored) but they are in such high demand. I'm not sure how employers even go through all the submissions when considering. I feel for both sides, the job seeker and the employer. It's a tough market out there. Job seekers are desperate and willing to learn and do whatever it takes, but employers are looking for already trained, running-before-their-feet-hit-the-ground seekers. I understand both sides.
Right now I'm watching a couple of great girls to help out my family. I feel every little bit helps, and since I don't need to have benefits that makes my options a little more versatile. We've been blessed w/ B finding a great job that has helped us out. I'm still looking, but at least right now I've got the opportunity to slow down and look for the right job for me, one that I can see myself staying at, a career. I've got friends, however, who aren't so fortunate. They are out there sifting through endless job posting sites, cruising local businesses for work, even posting on their social media networks. They need a job, and they need it NOW!
If you're an employer and you've got jobs that need filled, what means are you using? What gets seekers to the top of your pick list? If you're a job seeker, or were previously one, what are you doing/ did you do? Let's help one another out. Maybe with a little more communication and some personal contacts we can help get people back into the work force. I know I'm willing to help those in need find a job to better their situation. I want to help. What I'm needing now is to know what you, the seekers, need help with? What do you, the employers, want from the seekers?
Let's do this! Let's help one another out! If you've got anything you feel is worthwhile please post. It can be tips, knowledge of employers that are hiring, anything you feel could help someone out. Please, refrain from negative comments. Those only hurt, not help.
No comments:
Post a Comment