Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm afraid to ask...

I'm afraid to say the statment "does it get any better than this?" only because I've had a great weekend and I just wonder if it will continue.

Our Sat. plans w/ friends got postponed, and that was a HUGE bummer, but other than that the weekend went great. Being iced in allowed us to be lazy, something we don't do very often. After our little skating adventure down our road, and almost into a stop sign, we decided to stay in this weekend verses traveling. If you know me at all, you know I'm a HUGE spaz in the winter. I hate ice and snow on the roads. I just don't trust people. Its a big downfall of mine.

Anyways... the reason behind the statment above is because not only did we take a family nap from a couple of hrs on Sat, B and I also got a much needed break from Bean. Poor Bean, he was soo sad when we couldn't make our trip to Indy. He loves the McKays. Add to the fact that we were all a little antsy b/c we thought we were going to be out and about for the day. My mom saved us all. She "skated" her way over to our house w/ my brother's little girl. Therefore, Bean got some interaction with another loved person in his life, Emma. Its really nice to see them together, when they aren't beating each other up. Mom ended us taking Bean back to her house so Emma and him could hang out. *awww ... peace and quite* Even B couldn't resist saying how quite the house was that night. We watched a movie and just talked. For 2 people who live in the same house, and are always home together, sometimes we don't just talk. There's usu. always a purpose behind it. Nope ... Sat night and Sun morning... it was just talking, about anything and everything. It was nice.

Today was pretty laid back to. We made it to Mom's in time for a huge, awsome lunch that I didn't have to cook. Then as the children continued to play I got my hair colored, and B watched the game upstairs in peace. I even think he got in a cat nap!!! LOL
And as B scooped Bean up in his blanket and carried "his baby" to his room for the night I thought to myself... "does it get any better than this?" Then I just smiled to myself and thought.. "I'm sure it does. Just you wait and see, Miranda. Just you wait and see." I hope I'm not wrong :)

No comments: