Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year.. Still Surprised

As Brandon and I discussed resolutions, things we want to accomplish, things that will be different this year over our breakfast at Bob Evan's I realized that I'm looking forward to this year. Usually I just see it as another year, probably one that will go by too fast and that I will look back on thinking ... "what happened to the time?" This year, though, will be different. We are having our second child and preparing for all the changes that come with that. We are also setting up goals and timelines to make the most out of our finances.

Talking about finances still seems a little over my head, like I'm just a young adult still without real money worries, but that isn't true. In fact, that hasn't been true for the 4+ years B and I have been together. This is the year! This year I am saving, tracking, and accomplishing things that I want to get wrapped up, so to speak. We've been blessed I didn't have student loans from college, but B does. Along w/ the many other things that you get in life ... cars, home loans, insurances, etc. I want to get ahead this year. I want to enjoy!

So... i guess the point of this blog is to add my 2nd resolution. Be more financially responsible.

It isn't that I'm irresponsible w/ my money, I'm rarely irresponsible w/ anything. This resolution just reaffirms to me that if I want to have more for the children, be able to do more things as a family (vacations, day trips, weekend outtings) I need to be more frugile on some aspects of my spending. If B can do it, and he already does, then so can I.

My main goal that I'd really like to accomplish w/ this is to have less debt by this year's end, and to possibly be able to stay at home w/ the kids next year, or at the year least work part time. Kim, our wonderful gatekeeper of the wild Hunter, is fantastic! I'm so glad she is willing to watch him, and soon Lillian too. I would just like by 2010 to be able to give her a much needed break :) I'm sure part time w/ my 2 wild things would be plenty :) Guess we shall wait and see. Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: