I just got done w/ a phone interview and am hoping that blogging about it will wind me down some.
I think that you forget, after you've been employed for a while, what it is like to go through that whole "interview process". The questions of your strengths, weaknesses and assets that you would bring to their company. I am still reeling from it all.
I liked that the first interview was on the phone, then the lady couldn't see me nervously thinking and debating every answer before I spoke. Selling myself isn't my strongest trait. I'm a "do-er" not a "talk up about myself". I guess being raised to be humble doesn't help in this bleak job market. I'm a fantastic worker, put 110% in to whatever I do, but how does that translate when I look like a deer in the headlights?
IF I get a call back for an "in person interview" I will def. have to pump myself up some before I go. For now... I'll sit here a while longer and wonder ... what just happened? I gave answers to the best of my abilities, and I KNOW I have what it takes to do the job. Let's just hope that I somehow managed to translate that.
Wish me luck! I'll know more by the week's end.
1 comment:
I hope you hear excellent news at the end of the week! I applied to 3 jobs yesterday and am waiting on pins and needles to hear something and I'll keep applying today. It's very uncomfortable putting yourself out there and selling yourself. Go Randa :)
Post a Comment