Thursday, September 3, 2009

Privacy and Stranger Danger

Now that Hunter and I are home all the time together, I felt it was time to talk about privacy and your private parts, and also stranger danger. I know that he is only just now about to be 3, but we go out in public ALOT and I want him to know what is going on.

Anyways, we haven't discussed this a whole lot, I just make comments here and there as I see the opportunity arise. Take yesterday, for example. He came out of the bathroom, where he now goes himself and just brings me the pants and undies to help put back on, and he is prancing around in front of the front door (which happens to be open with just the screen to let in the nice, cool air) and I tell him, "Please, come here. You don't need to be in front of the door where everyone can see your winkie. That is not a good choice." He gives me that look, like OK Mom, whatever you say. As we were putting on his pants and undies I took that moment to talk about it. I explained that "that", aka his winkie, is his private area and that we don't want to show people that. I then showed him how everyone could see him standing by the door b/c of the screen door. He said "Ok, Momma. I'm sorry. I won't stand my naked booty butt by the door anymore." So... not what I was going for, exactly, but I thought... well, at least he kind of gets it.

Then, this morning as we're using the potty he goes, I help him get his stuff on, and then I tell him I have to go, so can he please step out. As he goes to leave he matter-of-factly says, "Ok, Momma. I'll shut the door so no one can see your winkie." As I chuckle I say, "Well thank you, Hunter. That was very thoughtful of you."

There's just something about kids. They are hilarious, caring, a hodge podge of sorts... and worth every moment of insanity, frustration, and whatever other feeling they reel out of you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He's too funny! "Naked booty butt" ... LMAO!

perdantasterx said...

lol! kids say the darndest things right?! :) i can't wait to have my own XD i've got the baby bug atm.