Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Sex Chapter

Ok, so I've SLOWLY been reading Babyproofing Your Marriage by Stacie Cockrell, Cathy O'Neill, and Juilia Stone. I just finished the Sex Chapter aka "The 'Sex Life' of New Parents". I will admit it was an informative read. There is a lot more to sex than meets the eye.

I'd say this is one of the most important chapters of the book. It let's you see both sides (men and women) of the story. They discuss, without fluff or sugar coating the TRUTH behind what it means to men and women, and where to go from there.

I, personally, never realized that sex to a guy is like a "thank you" or a "honey, you're doing a wonderful job". I know that I, as a woman, like to be thanked and praised. This books ensures you that this is what your husband wants and needs from you. When I think about it like that, I can honestly say I'll be putting forth more of an effort, even if I'm exhausted. I know, in my husband's case, that after a hard day of work, then home to help out w/ the kids, I'd want a little "thank you" at the end of my day too.

For the guys, it puts it into perspective what a woman goes through having children, and how she is dealing with it. It reminds you that a woman with young children never has her body to herself and that at the end of the day, they really want the one other person who can take care of themselves to do just that!! LOL Honestly, I wasn't kidding when I said it was blunt, but not in a "can't you see what I'm saying?" kind of way. It is just comments and facts. Real information for the reader to intake and digest.

With that said, the chapter also includes inventive alternatives that take less time. One thing for sure, this is a REAL person's book. These are really comments from real people, and these ladies are real when they put what they did in the book. They just give it all to you, in black and white.

GOOD READ!!! Come on people, esp. those of you with young families, buy the book... it is worth the price!

The next chapter : In-Laws and Outlaws. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hehe everyone can use a chapter on getting busy!!

When the time comes I'll def. read the book .. but that time is a long, long ways from now!

Can't wait to see you guys this weekend :)