Have you ever hit a wall (not literally, of course), stopped to look up and wonder how you got here or just been slammed out of left field with something you weren't prepared for? For B and I it is a constant in our lives. As much as I hate it when it happens, I feel it has made us better at dealing w/ stress and helped us learn to be adjustable. It has also helped us to cope, reflect, and choose to make the most of things.
Dealing with stress and being able to adjust are HUGE qualities one needs to survive in the world. Honestly, how often does life go exactly as you planned? Do you pout, wallow, and fall into a slump? We all do. Once you're done, though, don't forget you've got a life to live. Get back up and start again. Sure it will be baby steps, but you can do it. Ice cream helps!! :)
I love all the people in my life, I love the opportunities and rewards I've been given, I even love the randomness and down right CRAZINESS of it all. Sure, there are days when I would love nothing more than to stay in bed with the covers over my head and hope no one finds me, but that's not life. Life is living. Life is experiencing. Life is feeling. Remember this today, and always. You can be down for a while, but remember someone out there is going through the same things as you. Someone else is suffering too. Everyone has. If we all just gave up, where would we be?
I needed this "pick me up" of feelings that I'm experiencing today. I needed to post it so I have it to remind me later. I needed it so that those of you who read this can experience it too. LOVE LIFE, no matter how crappy it treats you at times. You only get one life... you can do it, you can make it what you want it to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment