This past week was a 9. Honestly, it has been a while since I could say that. I've been polite, as of late, and not publicly voiced my weekly rating. :) This week, however, was worth sharing.
I went to Mom and Dad's Monday. Getting out of the house and having someone besides myself and Brandon entertain the kids was nice, that and my parents bought PIZZA!:) I love Pizza King pizza, I just wish it was a lil more affordable.
Anyways, Lilly is finally get back to her ole self (the one that doesn't scream and cry incessantly) and Hunter was fantastic. He's been going to the potty regularly, which is a HUGE relief. I was getting tired of his gutless flip flopping on the potty training front. He has 2 more "prizes" left to earn, the last one being a trip to Chuckie Cheese's, before we are done rewarding for pooping on the potty. Sometimes I wish I was still a potty training kid so I could get rewards for a job well done. I mean, seriously, wouldn't that be nice??
I've been making more of an effort to do "projects" with Hunter. Now that Lilly has unattached her crabby and put back on her happy face this is possible. This week we made a ghost out of a trash bag, some crumpled newspaper, and string. Simple, and he enjoyed it. :) I posted a couple pics on facebook so he could "show off". :) Hunter loves seeing his picture on my facebook!! LOL
He wants everyone to know that the ghost isn't scary. He (the ghost) keeps the batty bats away. I'm not sure where in his little mind he came up with that, but I go along. He's a hoot!!!
Along w/ the ghost we made Blondie brownies (tonight), which looks like a huge cookie in an 8x8 pan. Hunter is obsessed with cracking the egg(s). A little wild at it still, but improving. I just love how he gets so excited when we get all the ingredients out and all the utensils and measuring items. He wants to know what each thing is, how it works or tastes, and is he going to get to use it. Tonight we used the sifter, and he was pumped. I'm not sure why, but I went along w/ the excitement. I may not be able to show my children how to cook anything but pasta meals w/ premade sauce, but I WILL show them how to bake. That's my niche. :) And come on, what lady wouldn't want a guy who can bake her up some cookies when she's had a rough day?? :) Hunter will be that guy!!! Lilly... well hopefully she'll be into the baking, if not, Brandon will have to teach her the cooking part. I'm really kind of dangerous in the kitchen when it comes to meals. I have my basic group of "safety meals". If we try a new recipe, Brandon always does it. Otherwise, I botch something up and it is sooo terrible we never try or have the recipe again. LOL
Ok, I'm wrapping up. I just wanted to make sure that in my randomness of blogs there are a few here and there where I remember the good days w/ the kids. :) Being a SAHM is an adjustment. You would think w/ having an early education major I'd be ALL about it, but this isn't a classroom, this is home. It is a totally different ball field, one that I am still getting a feel for.
With that said, I'm working on it. Hunter will be doing "activities" a lot more in the near future, and we're going to start working on letters and things he'll need for the BIG K, even tho. that is a few years down the road. I want to be fun like Kimmy!! :) Hunter talks about her all the time. She's the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment