Do you have it? No, not my cell phone (what I usually ask my husband about), the Christmas Spirit. This year, like none before, it seems people are GROUCHY! I feel for them. The times are tough, money is tight, and jobs are still unstable. Does that mean we should be rude to everyone who passes by? I say "no", but I feel like the overwhelming answer is "yes", better yet "hell yes!"
If you don't have the Christmas Spirit, what's got you down? Maybe if you take a second and really think about it you can pull yourself out of the funk you're in. If not, fine. Go on being grouchy. Just know, life is what YOU make it. Everyone wants to be "in a mood" every once in awhile. After that, though, pull yourself together for goodness sake!
It is time for festivities, food, fellowship. Relax, Breathe, in and out. That's good. :) Now, go put on some tunes that will pick up your spirit and get back in the groove.
I love the holidays. I love the spiritual aspect, as well as the simple pleasures of making cookies for kind neighbors. I love wrapping endless presents. I tend to torture myself by buying smaller, cheap things, so there's more to open :) I love seeing people open presents!! I love the loud, hectic hustle that comes with having large groups of people gather for an occasion. I just plain love this time of the year. Honestly, I can even forgive the fact that there has to be snow, due to it being Winter. We all know I'm no fan of snow... but around this time of the year I keep the complaining to a minimum :)
If you're in a funk: think of what you usually enjoy about this time of the year. Can you still make it happen? Go see an old friend. Get creative and thrifty with presents. Cook up something new in the kitchen.
If you're already in the Christmas Spirit: What makes you this way? What do you ALWAYS look forward to? What are your best memories?
No comments:
Post a Comment