Ok, someone please come slap me. I need to calm down a little. ... Ok, deep breathing. More...
I think I'm ok now. I usually wouldn't post something so quirky, but I literally needed to talk myself through that. I just paid off my credit card. Although an amazing feeling, I'm so terrified that I just put that money all on there. All that money...
When financial security is something so fickle, you get a little more uptight about money than you use to. Do you not? However, I know that paying off that credit card means more monthly money for my family and I. Monthly money I will now be adding to the other card until it seizes to exist.
Brandon and I have tried, for numerous years, to become "credit card free". Something that sounds easy enough, until you realize you're young, just out of college, have a young family and a home and SOMETHING always comes up. Hard to save when you've had no opportunity to. I am in no way complaining. I'm the one who wanted to buy our first home. I brought about the idea of children in the timeline. I guess what I wish I would have realized is that it's hard work supporting all that w/ a shoe string budget. However, with smart planning, calculating all our expenses, cutting what we could, and planning payments I think B and I have a handle on the situation :) We've never had thousands in credit card debit, that would just spend me to the hospital w/ insanity, but we have a fair share.
What I want to make clear with this babble of a blog, is that THIS IS OUR YEAR! The Coppernolls are taking on debt and come hell or high water, we're winning! Go Team!!!!!!! I want to start 2010 strong, so when I feel the need to blog about an accomplishment, even if it's just paying off something, I'm going to do it.
I hope this motivates you, readers. May 2010 be the year you pull out of your slump too! I wish you all the luck! :) Have a GREAT day!
1 comment:
I love that we're tackling this together. Love you baby!
Post a Comment