Friday, May 8, 2009

Another week...

Is it Friday already?! This week has just flown by. This could, in part, be b/c I did basically nothing, or it could be b/c I'm getting into a routine of being at home. Either way... it is almost over. Lilly is 5 weeks old, and I start back to work on the 18th.

Today, as I held her while she slept, I found myself wondering if I'm going to be ok w. going back to work. I have to work, that isn't an option. With Hunter he went to the child care center I worked at, so even tho. I was working, I still got to see him alot. This time will be different. Lilly and Hunter will go to the wonderful Kim's. Partly, I think, that is why I'm not as nervous. She is absolutely wonderful. I have no doubt she'll be good to my kids. It's not that I wasn't sure of the ppl who cared for Hunter, but when you work somewhere, it can be a disadvantage as much as an advantage. I knew all the things I didn't like about the place where he and I went. Plus, first time Moms are PICKY, come on... we all know that!

Still, I think that when I have a rough day at work, which I'm SURE I will have, I am really going to miss her. I always already miss Hunter, so to miss her would be a given. I just hope I can get back in the swing of work and function at a great level. With the workforce as an unknown promise, I feel I need to make sure that I bring my "A Game". I want to excell at work, as I strive to do in all aspects of my life. I hope that when I go back I can pick up some new things to work on, and can show my boss I'm involved, hard working, and ready for challenges.

So, I guess what I'm more worried about, as I analyze myself, is making my job into a career, not whether or not I'll miss Lilly. I know I'll miss her. I am also worried about being able to prove myself and my worth/value to the company. Sometimes that can be hard when you're young and starting out. ... I'll just go back, work hard, and know at the end of day that I gave it my all. Hopefully this doesn't go unnoticed.

No comments: