Friday, May 1, 2009

Is it Saturday yet?

Ok, I know I'm on maternity leave, so every day should be like a Saturday, but it isn't.
Hunter stays home w/ me a few days a week, and with no B home to share the load all day, I look forward to Saturday. Lilly has now decided she can't fall asleep on her own, not even during the day. She also wants to eat like every second b/c I guess her lil tummy tells her brain it is time. These are the days that will shape me as a person. I consider myself patient and able to multi task w/ the best of them, I was a child care teacher for like 4 years for goodness sake! But let me tell you, being a stay at home Mom is def. a FULL TIME JOB!!!! *huge pat on the back to all those who are*

Hunter has put forth his best effort, for almost a month now, to test my patience. I know that he's adjusting to life w/ Lilly, but so am I!!! LOL I think he totally would have been fine being an only child. Too bad for him we just couldn't help ourselves.

He is getting the hang of keeping his diaper dry. I'm so proud of him for this. If he gets potty trained before his 3rd birthday, I'm doing to be sooooo relieved. My bank account will be too! I was thinking today, as I changed like the 10th diaper (b/t him and Lilly) that I should totally have stock in the diaper business. I mean, think about it for a second. I am not the only person w/ more than one child in diapers. Plus, I heard on tv today that by the time your child is potty trained (they used 2 as the age) you've used approx. 2000 diapers!!! It was a green commercial, so not only did I listen w/ my mind now boggled into shock, I also felt extreme guilt for having tossed my fair share of diapers out into the trash.

Ok, with my small rant about Hunter and Lilly being challenging, I would like to take a second to reflect on the good. You have to do this to keep sane, I've decided it key!

Lilly makes the cutest faces when she sleeps. She looks like she is deep in thought. I'm still not sure what color her eyes will be, but I think she will look a lot like Brandon. She has his brow line, and that is his character trait.

Hunter is comical! He randomly quotes things from movies, so like Brandon with that, and it always makes me smile. He loves to dance, esp. to all the songs in "Chicken Little". That movie is his newest obsession. He is also fascinated with water colors. I have never seen a child so intent on using all the colors and making sure the brush is clean so things don't mix (that is me in him). He is even requesting a change of water when it gets too much color in it. Annoying as that is, I think that it's funny. He's got such a personality.

I love both my children so very much. They may make me pull out my hair, but I still love them. I can't wait till the weather warms up more and I can take the kids out to do something fun. I see a trip to the McKays, the zoo for the first time for Hunter, and maybe even a football game. This is exciting to look forward to. Hunter has always been a free spirit, so taking him public places wasn't an option till he was old enough to listen and understand that he's got to stay w/ you and hold your hand. Lilly will be small enough, and hopefully still easy going, that we can tote her along. I'm pumped to embrace the new opportunities that come w/ my children growing up.

No comments: