I had a huge reminder that the "times" still aren't great. I'm an optimist so I keep telling myself that more ppl aren't going to keep losing their jobs. I keep thinking corporations will find a way to stop being greedy and keep the people they rely on so heavily when things are good. I can't imagine losing my job. I'm not the bread winner in the family, but my income is def. important to the way we live. I pay child care, my vehicle, and for things that we need.
I'm not saying that all corporations are greedy, but it just seems to me there would be a way to keep more people than they are. It just really hit home w/ me this week b/c B's company had to let more people go. I don't see his company as being greedy, let me say that. I know they did what they had to. It just scares me. We were kind of close to one of the ppl let go. He's the bread winner, his wife stays at home and raises the children. I feel so badly for them right now. I would prob. have a stroke if B came home and told me he was let go from his job. I absolutely hate how important money is. I just hate it!! I like having things, and we don't want for much, but we also don't live lavishly. We have hand me down furniture, decent cars (b/c we can't have something old and unreliable due to the fact we wouldn't know how to fix it!! LOL), average clothing that we stretch until we HAVE to buy more, and we eat at home as much as possibly. I know those aren't huge things, but we try. Still, we need money. For utilities, our house, food, gas... anyways. I am just blown away, and scared sh*tless for people who are losing their jobs. I pray that things will turn around before they get much worse.
As for the ppl who've lost their job, I will be praying that they find something else, esp. something comparable in salary, to ensure they aren't beaten down too much by these hard times.
And with that all off my chest, I wonder why I was in such a hurry to grow up!? It was much nicer being a child with innocent thinking and cares that were small and simple. *sigh* I hope my children don't try to grow up too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment