Have you ever stopped what you were in to, midstream, and wonder how you got all "this" on your plate?
I ask this because here I am on maternity leave with a child who likes to be up late, which is totally not me, and I've got a million things I want to accomplish in the short time I'm off work.
I have spent the better part of a week just forming ideas and molding plans for a bridal shower. I've surfed the web relentlessly for "cool" places to take B for this birthday dinner. I have even managed to keep the house somewhat clean, which shouldn't be too hard b/c Hunter has been going to Kim's for the first 2 wks that Lilly was born. These things are just "extras" to the normal daily gamet. ... I long for a dishwasher, an uninterrupted nap, and a day of play w/ the children w/o the burden of other chores. I can't wait till Summer gets here and there is a little more time to be outside and relax and enjoy the world and what it offers.
Where does all the time go?! I look at the clock at 11 or 12 at night and think of all the things I still want to accomplish. But alas, I sigh... get out a notebook and jot down what I THINK I might get to tomorrow, and then I pass out for a short while before Lilly gets up to eat.
I am thinking that I could totally be a "stay at home Mom" and be PLENTY busy. Anyone who thinks there isn't stuff to do that would last a Mom all day... they're CRAZY!
I bow in respect for all you stay at home Moms. May you accomplish your lists, or at least manage to stay afloat!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment