There has offically been a HUGE breakthrough in the Coppernoll House.
Earlier I went into the "toy room", where all of Hunter's toys and activities are, and he had no short or undies on. Now to some this might not be shocking, but to me it was. Hunter isn't one to willing undress himself. He never has been.
So, onward, as I stare at him in shock, as he sits butt naked on his bean bag chair, I ask him "Um, Hunter... what are you doing?" he proceeds to talk REALLY fast, in words I can't understand and all I can make out of it is something like "I've got to go potty." I rush him into the bathroom, b/c that is also a big feat, for him to actually TELL us, not us just take him every hour or so. When we get in there I notice the toliet is running, like it's been flushed recently.
I sit him on the potty, and he doesn't go. I'm a little bummed, and then the light bulb goes off in my crazy little head... could he have undressed and went potty all by himself? We've been working on him getting up on the toliet using the step and all of that. I consider it a little more, but don't really think he went.
Later.... it happened again. B and I hear him in the bathroom "jacking around", our term for getting into things he doesn't need to be and making some huge mess, and when Brandon gets in there Hunter is getting down from the potty. We gave him lots of hugs and praise for going on his own. That's HUGE! He seemed a little put off by all the attention. He probably thinks.. "ok, I've been doing this potty thing for like a year, what is the big deal" I just can't believe that we struggled for so long, and then all the sudden, about 2 days ago, he tells me he has to go now... and then he goes even farther and goes on his own. I'm impressed!! :)
Only one feat left and he gets his fish we promised him... he has to actually poop in the potty. I'm excited to see if he gets that concept soon. Oh the simple pleasures of Motherhood. Who ever would have thought I'd be excited about potty training!! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment