Today, as I sit and reflect while Brandon is cleaning out the gutters (Yea, I know!!!), I wonder what my next job will be? Will I like it? Will I finally find something that I can call a career?
There are some interesting opportunities to apply for. The prob. right now w/ so many ppl looking for work is that employers aren't as willing to 'take a chance' on someone. I am interested in working in a new career field. Like office management, I would start slow w/ payroll or something w/ a little receptionist work thrown in (I love the simple aspect of filing and keeping the office in order. I'm a neat freak!) but I want something new, something challenging. THEN, if I find I like it, I could go back to college, slowly of course, and get some type of management degree.
My real issue is that I don't want to go back to school and end up w/ another degree that I'm not that into. I LOVE children, and I LOVE teaching. Child care is really fun, but most centers don't even pay enough for me to enroll my 2 children there. I see something wrong w/ that picture!! That is a HARD job. Alas, I always new educating today's youth would never be where the $$$ was. I really shouldn't be so surprised.
I'm in a funk. I am smart, organized, hard working, and VERY driven. I want a challenge! I want a job that depends on my being there and doing my part! I want to feel like it is a career, not just some job I work at to make money.
*sigh* I guess I'll keep applying places and see what God throws my way. I'm ready! I know I am!!
No comments:
Post a Comment