Friday, June 5, 2009

One of the "unemployed"

I have never been unemployed before. Honestly, I've always done something since I was old enough to baby-sit, which was like at the age of 12. Alas, I'm am officially unemployed.

Can I say that it was the most shocking, humiliating feeling to be let go? I wasn't, if we're all being honest here, that attached to my job. It came w/ a LOT of b.s. and favoritism that I didn't feel was necessary. Nonetheless, I liked the work and most of the people I worked with.

I am numb, that is the only way I can describe it. I know that once I file for unemployment Brandon and I should be ok, for a while, but that's not what is the part that bothers me. It is that I went to college, I have a lot of usable skills, and I've always been willing to learn and change things up... yet I wasn't considered "valuable" enough to keep. It is just really tearing me down.

I am sure I will get over all this in a few weeks. I'm just not one who needs anymore stress or change right now. All I can do is what I know... I'm going to drown in self-pity for a day, maybe 2, and then see this as a sign. God has different plans for me. Though I wasn't ready for a change, he apparently feels differently. I'm going to trust in that... and see what the future holds.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that -- it's like you guys really couldn't handle any more bad news. But you are right -- there are other plans in store for you. Just hang on to that thought when you are getting down.

And take comfort in the fact that I honestly and truly believe that if there was ever anyone who could handle anything, it would be you.

I think you are plenty valuable!!! :-) I love you and am always here for you if you need anything.