As I finally unwind from a day that never seemed like it was going to end... I'm content.
Work was BUSY, which for today's world is a good thing. Suzan, my co worker, is going to be on vacation next week and she goes in to "EVERYTHING must be caught up and done" mode before she goes. Mind you, she gets like 4 weeks a year. This sometimes turns into a tiring routine.
I made it through today, then guilt set in. Lilly has had this rash since Tues, around her neck. I tired to just lotion it up, powder it up, mainly do anything but go to the dr. over it... then came the guilt. I've been working in the yard.. what if it's poision ivy? Needless to say I took her to the "after hours" clinic at AHN. (THANK GOD for that service!!) She just has a rash. The kind all babies get at one time or another. I was fine w/ that. I would have believed anything the dr. said at that point. As long as it stopped the guilt I was feeling for not taking her on Wed, my scheduled day off for the week. We got a script for some concoction and were on our way.
So.. Lilly and I finally arrived home at 7pm. I'm tired, barely moving... Brandon, bless his soul, has dinner ready and Hunter fed. I love that man!!! He's the glue for me sometimes. I just couldn't do it w/o him. I chowed down, very unlady like, I know. Then I fed Lilly like 6 oz and held her for a while. It was almost like a blessing to be too tired to be productive. I just hung out w/ Lilly on the couch, holding her and talking to her. Brandon and Hunter chilled w/ us. They were playing playdough. I felt like for the first time in weeks I actually enjoyed my evening.
I need to relax more. For me that is easier said than done. Tonight, though, I totally did... and I loved every second of it.
I love my family!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment