Monday, June 15, 2009

Let the interviews begin!

Today was my first, of what I am sure will be many, interviews. I feel it went well. The job responsibilities that they mentioned would be new and challenging, but not impossible. I think it would be really awesome to work for a family owned business. You just don't see too many of those anymore. I got the impression that I would be counted on more, yes, but I would also be valued more. Right now, that is something I want. I want to make a difference, even if it is just in an office. It is a hugs plus that it is a local job, also. With young children that is something to keep in mind. B can't always be depended on to pull away from his job if issues would arise. It would be best if both of us stayed "close to home", if possible.

*sigh* Alas, the only hitch to running right back to them and saying "YES! I want the job!" is the pay. I wondered how that would all pan out. ... Maybe I was overpaid at my last job. You can't really move backwards, though. This is especially true when you are keeping in mind that you've just added another member to your family.

I will keep the place I interviewed today in mind. I will call them back and discuss options, but honestly, unless child care becomes "pay for 1 and one comes free" I don't see it working out. :(
I don't feel we live lavishly, and I can't find other places to cut $. For now, it is a "wait and see" situation.

No comments: